Find all the information you need to plan your next visit to the Jim Gatchell Memorial Museum!
Current museum COVID practices:
- The state of Wyoming and Johnson County have no restrictions in place
- Visitors are welcome to wear face masks should they choose
- We encourage visitors to maintain social distancing from other visitors
- Surfaces are sanitized frequently
Thank you for your understanding and support.
Museum hours are subject to change. Please contact us for scheduling or visitation questions.
MUSEUM WINTER HOURS – Labor Day to Memorial Day
- M–Fri: 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Sat–Sun: Closed
MUSEUM SUMMER HOURS – Memorial Day to Labor Day
- M–Sat: 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Sun: 12:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
The Museum will be closed on the following days:
- Monday, January 17, 2022 – Martin Luther King Jr./Equality Day
- Monday, February 21, 2022 – President’s Day
- Friday, April 15, 2022 – Good Friday
- Monday, October 10, 2022 – Columbus Day
- Thursday, November 11, 2022 – Veterans Day
- Thursday, November 24, 2022 through Friday, November 25, 2022 – Thanksgiving Holiday
- Saturday, December 17, 2022 through Sunday, January 1, 2023 – Winter Break
- Every February the museum closes to the public to conduct exhibits and maintenance work
- $7: Adults (19 to 61)
- $5: Seniors (62 and up), Veteran/Retired Military, Teens (12-18)
- $3: Youth (6-11)
- Free: Children 5 and under, Gatchell Museum Association members, Active Military and immediate family
Pre-scheduled Group Tours
- $5: Each
- Free: Bus Driver and Tour Guide
Pre-scheduled tour group participants receive a 10% discount off any store purchase during visit.
Please let the Museum Educator know at time of scheduling whether you would like to allocate time for shopping at our museum store. We have very limited space to store backpacks, bags, etc. while visitors are in the museum.
For school tours, please read our ChaperoneTourGuide guide.
- The museum is handicapped accessible with two elevators and a ground-level entrance located in the alcove along the east side of the museum. Please note some motorized scooters may be too large for the elevators.
- Photography is allowed in the museum, with the exception of the Native American gallery. No photography (flash or not) or videography is to be conducted in that gallery. Thank you for your cooperation.
- Please do not bring food or drinks in the museum.
- While we welcome service animals, please do not bring pets into the museum. Should you be traveling with a pet please visit with our staff as they may be able to provide water or watch your animal while you tour the museum.
- Parking is available in the museum and courthouse parking lot located behind the museum to the south. There is also a public parking lot to the north of the museum on Fort Street.