Find all the information you need to plan your next visit to the Jim Gatchell Memorial Museum!
Current museum COVID practices:
- The state of Wyoming and Johnson County have no restrictions in place
- Visitors are welcome to wear face masks should they choose
- We encourage visitor to maintain social distancing from other visitors
- Surfaces are sanitized frequently
- Many interactive exhibits are closed
Thank you for your understanding and support.
Museum hours are subject to change. Please contact us for scheduling or visitation questions.
MUSEUM WINTER HOURS – September 8, 2020 through late May, 2021
- M–Fri: 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Sat–Sun: Closed
MUSEUM SUMMER HOURS – May 29, 2021 through September 6, 2021
- M–Sat: 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Sun: 12:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
The Museum will be closed on the following days:
- Saturday, December 19, 2020 through Sunday, January 3, 2021 – Holiday Break
- Monday, January 18, 2021 – Martin Luther King Day
- Monday, February 15, 2021 – Washington’s Birthday
- Friday, April 2, 2021 – Good Friday (Half day, closed at 12:00 p.m.)
- Monday, October 11, 2021 – Columbus Day
- Thursday, November 11, 2021 – Veterans Day
- Thursday, November 25, 2021 – Thanksgiving Day
- Friday, November 26, 2021 – Thanksgiving Holiday
- Saturday, December 18, 2021 through Sunday, January 2, 2022 – Holiday Break
- $7: Adults
- $5: Seniors, Veteran/Retired Military,Teens (12-18)
- $3: Youth (6-11)
- Free: Children 5 and under, Gatchell Museum Association members, Active Military and immediate family
Pre-scheduled Group Tours
- $5: Each
- Free: Bus Driver and Tour Guide
Pre-scheduled tour group participants receive a 10% discount off any store purchase during visit.
Please let the Museum Educator know at time of scheduling whether you would like to allocate time for shopping at our museum store.We have very limited space to store backpacks, bags, etc. while visitors are in the museum.
For school tours, please read our School Chaperone and Field Trip Information guide.
We have cots, wheelchairs, and first aid supplies available. Please contact any museum staff member for assistance.
We are handicap accessible with two elevators and a handicap entrance. Please let the staff know if you will need to use the elevators.
We ask that visitors be respectful of other museum visitors by using their normal conversational voices.
We do not allow photography and videography in the museum.
We do not allow food and drink in the museum. If you need to arrange for a location for your group to eat lunch, please contact a museum staff member who can provide information.
Parking is available in the museum and courthouse parking lot. There is a visitor parking lot to the north of the museum on Fort Street.